FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Sounds like fun. I went on a roadtrip myself to checkout the NW winds yesterday off Sebastian. It is a flatwater spot but still fun. You folks have had some strong winds up that way.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 04-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Sounds like fun. I went on a roadtrip myself to checkout the NW winds yesterday off Sebastian. It is a flatwater spot but still fun. You folks have had some strong winds up that way.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-27-2005, 11:32 AM

No luck in FLL yesterday, I'll be at Alligator tomorrow A.M. 8.0M

Crack Head John
Old 08-27-2005, 11:32 AM

No luck in FLL yesterday, I'll be at Alligator tomorrow A.M. 8.0M

Crack Head John
Old 10-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Hurricane Wilma swells

We have waves here but the wind is on the blink......light Northerly winds from a front and then onshore in the afternoon about 14 SW. Barely enough to go out in the big waves....the red tide is as bad as it gets here. We are looking for bigger waves and more wind on Monday and Tuesday. The swell should pick up to 10-12 feet and the wind should blow north around 15-20 the coming week, depending on what Wilma decides to do.......
Old 10-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Hurricane Wilma swells

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushMarkRush
We have waves here but the wind is on the blink......light Northerly winds from a front and then onshore in the afternoon about 14 SW. Barely enough to go out in the big waves....the red tide is as bad as it gets here. We are looking for bigger waves and more wind on Monday and Tuesday. The swell should pick up to 10-12 feet and the wind should blow north around 15-20 the coming week, depending on what Wilma decides to do.......
RED TIDE and hurricanes, jeez! Challenges just keep on coming. Hang in there guys.

I just came in from a mosquito sneeze session with a CB 12 and a BIG directional. One way runs with walks back in 9 mph with gusts to 12 mph, until it dropped to 5 mph and I wasn't able to water relaunch before drifting into the guarded area. No, I haven't lost my mind, it's a new kite and I was curious. The wind is off in much of Florida pending the visit of Fred's wifes name sake! Good luck to you folks and to everyone else.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Christmas Eve and Christmas day

Santa brought warm weather and wind on Christmas eve to Panama City Beach. A group of us rode all afternoon on 15 meter kites in small surf behind the shop and woke up Christmas morning to WestNorth West winds and head high surf......blowing 16-28......crunchy shorebreak and gusty wind but several riders caught good sessions at the compound....(secret spot )...
Hope everyone got good wind this weekend......looks like we have more coming all week.....check our gallery for photos...
www.pcbkitesurf.com
Old 03-29-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Spring Break

We have had so many windy days up here, it is insane. We have ridden Mexico Beach and Shell Island non stop. We have had big waves and flat butter. There are Spring Breakers all over the place, so we have been riding Shell Island every time it blows North or NW. We have been testing the Bow and hybrid kites in gusty and wave conditions. From all our tests, most of us are leaning towards the Liquid Force Assault kites. The build quality has been stepped up from previous Liquid Force gear and the kites seem to have ESP.
The shop is looking for instructors:
www.emeraldcoastkiteboarding.com
Old 03-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Spring Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushMarkRush
We have had so many windy days up here, it is insane. We have ridden Mexico Beach and Shell Island non stop. We have had big waves and flat butter. There are Spring Breakers all over the place, so we have been riding Shell Island every time it blows North or NW. We have been testing the Bow and hybrid kites in gusty and wave conditions. From all our tests, most of us are leaning towards the Liquid Force Assault kites. The build quality has been stepped up from previous Liquid Force gear and the kites seem to have ESP.
The shop is looking for instructors:
www.emeraldcoastkiteboarding.com
Hey Rush,

Now don't have too much fun up there. The rest of the state may have to do a road trip to checkout all those huge, empty beaches and nice wind. Enjoy those spring winds and keep us plugged in on how things are going.

Rick

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-31-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Emerald Coast

We welcome everyone to come up and ride with us.......lots of people on the beach this week and next, but then it will thin out. We still have the boat going to Shell Island every day there is any wind at all and you can ride any direction wind over there. Our launches are the closest thing to Hatteras in the State.....plenty of room to ride.....we love to down wind it!