FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Default 2009 Gear

Since I just posted about how the forum has been boring lately, I thought I might make a constructive post...

What is going to be the hot items this year in terms of boards and kites? I want to hear from EVERYONE.

Seems the crossbow 4 is a good one and I am also seeing Matt Sexton pimpin these fuels at the beach, I am yet to get on one but would love to try.

I know there are some hard core C-guys out there like Danny and Jayson, what about everyone else?

Have you guys, and girls been able to try much 09 gear??

Danny J.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Undergrond

I just got my new 135 Underground and its freaking sick!!!!! Got to try out the new 09 Nemis HP and that was a pretty sweet kite also.

RS
Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 AM

What size HP? What were the conditions like? Do you guys have any flat water up in PCB?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 AM

It was a 12 HP and I would say it was blowing like 17 to low 20's with about 1 to 3 food waves. We have some flat water up here, but most of the time it's surf ridding.

RS
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I haven't really started to think about new gear. Hope to be back in shape to grab some myself soon. I seem to go in two year cycles between kites these days. What other new stuff are folks looking at?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM

ummmm. Go Buc's
Old 11-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Anytime you want to try the Fuels just let me know, they're always on demo, same with the Rev II's and T3's, I know Steve-O will happily let anyone try the new Cabby IDS' Kites.

The safety systems are the best thing i've seen in all the new kites, the below the bar O-Shit is easily the safest thing to date and the stability of the Kites in the air are spot on.

The Fuel isn't for everyone, the C kite is not nearly as forgiving as any bridled kite but if you can get used to feel and the beating you'll love it. The range is better than any c-kite on the market and relaunch is just like a bow or a hybrid(pull outside line).

Call it pimpin' i'm just repping what i've come to like the most, everything's personal preference so try before you buy.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM

I'll just add that the below the bar O-shit concept should be standard one day. I think there is still a little refining to do, but the idea is there. It has been there since the 5th line, but becoming more commonplace on 4 line bridled kites.

I'm loving the Crossbow IDS kites. At 150 lbs, the 11M is my biggest kite with the 9M as my high wind kite. Good times!!!