FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Default DP???

ill be there tomorrow morning, hopefully the rain will let up a bit, as long as its not lightning ill ride, but id really appreciate it someone else showed up, i would feel alot safer.... its awfully hard to dial 911 when your stuck in a tree :shock:
Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM

Danny, if today was any indication, tomorrow will be OFF THE HOOK and dangerous. If it is ridable for some unforseen reason, call me and I'll meet you out there.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Flaccid Member

Did anyone ride today?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 PM

Yup, Jay, myself and another younger guy rode at EB. Tom and Gary rigged and Gary had me walk his 10M 2002 Fuel out in the water to launch him but intelligently changed his mind. I launched shortly thereafter on my 8M 2002 Fuel and got worked during a strong gust/unintentional kiteloop. Before that, Jay, the younger guy and I rode on 11M kites and before that Jay was out on his 16.5 SLE. Jay was ripping it up and we were all having a great time powered up on small kites. Julie, Colin and Erick were also there but did not rig.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:39 AM

sensors reading around 30-40, i heading out somebody join me...please, especially with an extra kite, heck id be happy to share a kite, im either going to EB or north beach, chances are on north beach since its SW and also its a lot more safe at NB, plently of room to get dragged sfely,...heck if you get dragged long enough on a SW you willl end up in the water :lol:
if your coming call for a report
813-503-1636
danny
Old 06-13-2006, 07:41 AM

what happened to all my hardcore kiters?????
by 8am it was sunny and solid 30-35
unfortunately i dont have a kite that can handle that...atleast not an inflatable one....
so i decided to launch my 3.5 trainer, for those who havent found out, a trainer in 35 knots winds is scary, i accidently launched it directly downwind of me and was suprised when i kept it under control after being launched about 20+ ft down wind in the air :shock:
it then took me atleast five minutes to slide on my butt to the water with my board since the kite doesnt depower, once there it rocked, i was actually getting air off the waves on my trainer :shock: atleast untill the board came off my feet on a jump, suprisingly i was able to keep the kite in the air, but that didnt end up mattering much since i realized if i wanted my board back i had to ditch the kite, so if anyone finds a rainbow colored 3.5m skytiger at desoto, its mine
excluding losing my kite, this morning rocked i havent had that much of an adreniline rush in a long time, i only wish someone was there with me, they couldve caught my kite :lol: