FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Tampa Bay Events
Connect with Facebook

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 08:17 AM
CrazyJay CrazyJay is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 390
Default 48 hour Notification

2008 TampaBay KiteMasters

******48 Hour Notice ******

There is a chance that the coming front could bring strong NE winds by 10 AM on Monday.
Another update will be sent later today.

Happy Easter Everyone,
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:25 PM
CrazyJay CrazyJay is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 390

2008 TampaBay KiteMasters UPDATE

The forecast is calling for North or NNW winds on Monday. Unfortunately it looks like the wind will not be NE until Monday evening or night. I don't think the front is strong enough to have consistent wind on Tuesday.

It is possible to do the race on North winds but it can be very difficult to go directly downwind. With the large number of entrants, many of whom are intermediate riders, I do not feel it is safe to hold the event in these conditions.

We will continue waiting for conditions that will provide for an exciting and safe event.

Have a Happy Easter!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Do not advertise outside of [COM] Forums.
Do not show disrespect for others in your postings.
Users can be denied access to this Site without warning.
FKA, Inc., it’s officers and moderators are not responsible
for the content of the postings and any links or pictures posted.

Report Problems by PM to “administrator” or via email to

Copyright FKA, Inc. 2004, All Rights Reserved.