FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 AM

Default So whats everyone going to be riding this upcoming season??

so.. I'll be heading into this season w/ the same 2006 Waroo quiver. I just cant justify spending money on another kite while these still seem to be in great shape. The 12m is definitely the most used of the bunch and I am seeing some wear on the LE that needs attention .. but again.. its been my main go-to kite and all bridles/pullies are original and in good shape.

16m Waroo is 2nd most used.. and again.. in great shape w/ normal wear for a year old kite.

The 9m waroo is barely used.. beyond it getting damaged by something other than usage I know it will be perfect for a season or two more. I think I whipped it out 5 to 6 times total last year. The range on the 12 is just that damn good.. (or I am just that damn fat)...

I just picked up a 2006 7m waroo for my trip to the Gorge and expect to use maybe once or twice per year.. lots of life on it.

I am sure that my 12 will be the first to be replaced. I'd like to move to something different.. maybe an ION2 or one of the newer hybrid kites.. the new Best HP is looking sweet.. as is the SS Rev (I am hoping to demo in Oregon in a couple weeks!) and the RRD Hypertype.. or I am hearing about the Royal Era..

too many damn choices.

Its gotta have the range of my 12m Waroo.
and its gotta be a step up in performance otherwise I can get a 12m waroo used for a few hundred dollars..

I know Billy P. has given us all the green light to demo his ION2.. I am sure I will get the opportunity to give that a thorough test. And Randy has a new Yarga.. etc..

Whats on everyones wish list for this year...?

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa