FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northeast Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 PM

I will be at manataz tomorrow with my buddy Jack, 12m nitro, 14m nitro, 17m element, and 23.5m contra. Look forward to a great session out that hope to see some of you out there. Also Scott I plan to stop by the shop and check it out while I am in the area.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:59 AM

Default Location

The Launch Area is near Fort Matanzas?

so it would be near
8635 A1A South St. Augustine.?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 10-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Skyway Scott

You guys are riding while I am working :cry:

Hey, at least post and let us know how great it was 8)
Old 10-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Skyway Scott

Man, just got off the water after work. Solid twenty to 25. Litt on a 13 Instinct.

Hope the inlet was good for you guys this morning/early afternoon.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:55 PM

Hey scott is was awsome, that is such a nice place to ride. Thanks for the advise. I did end up loosing my board twice and the current ran away with it. Over all a great session and my first upwind run, ( yes I understand that the current had a ot to do with that). Sitting back in gainesville now reflecting on what was truly a great day. Spend most the day on my 17m, ealrier in the day it got a little lite and I got to cruise on mt contra 23.5m. 12mph winds many on the beach and bam the 260lber is out cruising powered. I also did meet bob there. It is nice to not be the only new guy at the beach stuggling. Overall I can't type how awsome it truly was to just cruise, I am definatly hooked on kiting for sure now and will hit whatever part of florida has wind next weekend. I am hoping to hit Bahia Honda next weekend(pending wind) that is a great flat place for us beginers to get some good practice in. If you are interested comming down let me know. I will be leaving from Ft. lauderdale area. Can't wait to hit the water again.

PS I did try to visit the store however you were closed. It was 6:30pm by the time we got everything packed up and off the beach. Next time I will stop by =-).
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad you had a good day at Matanzas. It really is a great launch. So is Bahia Honda, one I have been worried about for a few years. Being a state park it is so easy to boot us out of there. I think most guys travel well to the up Keys side of the park on the Straits of Florida side and walk further to the right near the point about 500 ft. from the parking lot. Definitely avoid areas with lots of bathers. They can have a small swell there off the bar but usually it is just flat.

http://tinyurl.com/hj6c9

Have fun down there

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Skyway Scott

Biz and Bob,

SWEET! I talked to Bob on the phone right after his sesh. He said he had a great time as well and I hope to see him out there today (with a Go-Joe for him :idea: ).

The great thing about then inlet when the tide is ripping is that 12 knots on the beach means 16 knots apparent once you hit the water and going upwind at 3 knots (against your will at times). It's pretty sweet, for sure.

Glad you had a blast. As Rick alluded too, be extra courteous and safe at Bahia Honda, as I am sure you are everywhere. :lol:

When you stopped by the shop Daryl, Rob and I were riding the Waroo Pro 11m and Instinct 13 just behind the shop. Hope to meet you out here on your next visit. I assume since you are hooked, that may be soon!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:16 PM

Hi Scott,

It was great kiting in your area this weekend! I will definatly have to make it up to your area again! Just have to remember to not stop suddenly on the sand & to avoid the orange sand when possible...

Sorry I wasn't able to meet you on Sunday...was too hung over Sunday morning to make the drive from Cocoa Area

Please pass my thanks to Daryl on where to get my flat fixed, it turns out Tire Kingdom was opened till 8:30pm :-D

- BizGuru
It was great to meet you in person & thanks for retrieving my board! If all goes well I might see you in Bahia Honda!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Skyway Scott

I learned about the orange sand the hard way, too.

Weekdays are the ticket here, if possible try to come next time during the week.
Imagine having that whole area to yourself with maybe 2 other riders!!
It's hard to beat. 8)
Old 10-10-2006, 09:02 AM

Ok I feel stupid what is with the orange sand? Can't make it on a weekday however if the forecast holds I think I am going to camp in the area and be there saturday and sunday. Looks like it may be the best spot in the state next weekend as well. Hope to see you all up there.

Also anyone have any thoughts on Anastasia State Park? to at least camp at and possibly ride?