FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson
This is an individual sport but it is one where we consistently need assistance from our fellow kiters.

That is Ridiculous Toby! Like I said B4, there was no one at the beach basically. You weren't there and didn't see where or how it happened or
where it went into the mangroves. hint, not close to the rigging area.

And even if there was, HOW can you help when the person you were going to help runs into their car and drives off at full speed? what do you do then? get on your magic carpet and follow ? to where? Wouldn't he have waited for someone, to jump in the car with him if he wanted help?

By the time Shane and I came in ( which was quick ) he had already driven back with kite
Old 05-07-2007, 11:28 AM

again, i am not pointing fingers and did not see who was on the beach and who was not. i know who was riding when it happened and i know that i passed a couple people (really have no recollection of who as i was not paying attention) as i raced to my car.

really i am not singling anyone out.. not at all. i just want to say that i hope people that can help, will. that is all.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 05-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR View Post
That is Ridiculous Toby! Like I said B4, there was no one at the beach basically. You weren't there and didn't see where or how it happened or
where it went into the mangroves. hint, not close to the rigging area.

And even if there was, HOW can you help when the person you were going to help runs into their car and drives off at full speed? what do you do then? get on your magic carpet and follow ? to where? Wouldn't he have waited for someone, to jump in the car with him if he wanted help?

By the time Shane and I came in ( which was quick ) he had already driven back with kite
Toby's point is that if you are able to help then be proactive, if you don’t feel you can accomplish a rescue then is better to stay away. However, I have seen many cases were riders are just simple spectators.