FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > GEAR & SERVICES!!! > KITING GEAR!
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 PM

I would try the Cabrinha site, they have a lot videos and other info (I think it's under support or tech tips). One of the videos is for tuning your bar, that may help because it deals with adjusting the line lengths so the bar is at the proper position when sheeted all the way in or out. I'm 5'10" and when I started out I felt like I wasnt in the correct position, especially in high wind. Now if I have my bar and lines set up right/tuned correctly and I use the trim straps to match the conditions I don't have any issues. I was also surprised by now soon and somewhat how often the lines need to be adjusted.

You know, some of it may be just getting used to riding and finding the right body position and balance. I'm starting out too but there was a point when I started feeling comfortable and that was more adjusting my body weight against the pull of the kite. I would be hesitant to mess with the line lengths (other then routine tuning). You could shorten by an inch, sheet all the way in and possibly back stall your kite, you could also alter the ability to fully depower when you sheet out...
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM

Thanks Japott for the reply, I did check, and they have how to tune the lines, but I was hoping to get it close, I went out today, and you are right the more I ride it feels better, maybe I'll just get used to it, or perhaps my harness is creeping up a bit too much, cause that I've noticed, when I crash or take a break in the water and readjust my harness a little lower, it definitely feels much better, but with all the jumping over the waves and stuff, I can't get the harness to stay put, so maybe is a harness issue and not a bar issue , lol, oh well is all a learning experience.

Thanks again for the reply, and happy kitting.