FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Finnian03

Default Alone at picnic

I was at picnic island today for about 3-4 hours and had a solid session! winds were a bit gusty but I was crankin' on my 11m fully depowered. where was everyone?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:41 PM

I went to cypress for a little change of scenery....
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Thumbs up

Doin my first downwinder with head high waves, good thing I had a clean pair of shorts when we got done.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:30 PM

I rode Cypress yesterday at 4:30. Wind straight off the beach was crappy but I went to the north end of the beach, towards Oyster Catchers, and it was really good. The water was flat and crystal clear. My hands did get pretty cold though.

I was temped to go today b/c I brought some gloves but my car temperature gauge said it was 46 out so I decided to pass. Did anyone ride today? I can't wait to be able to ride in boardshorts again with warm winds.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 PM

I was out by my self yesterday at P.I. for 3 hours, nice clean 17-20, a little Cold on the hands but nice. 10 degree drop today, +5 on the wind.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM

North Pinellas Beaches were firing today. Solid 25-30 all day. Head high waves and good company to share it with. I think I rode more waves today with my kite than I have in a year with my surfboard. I could see the wheels turning in the surf lineup.

I think I am officially moving to aquire a directional surfboard. I have tried some on and off over the years but never really liked it. Weird cuz I have surfed all my life. Anyways, these past few weeks, some lightbulbs started to go off and I have found a whole other world with my kites. Good timing as I was started to get bored with my twin tip. It really is a whole other sport in itself.

There are a few boards out there that are good transitional boards into riding waves. The Schinn Wave is on loan at the shop for anyone interested in trying it out. You can ride it as a direction or a twin tip. Again, good for someone that is used to a TT but want to try a directional as well. SS has one as well called the FUSE. I think I may have found my race board as well.

I feel for the weekend warriors. It seems that all the good wind is coming during the weekday this year. What gives??? Hang in there warriors, you luck is bound to change.....just not this weekend.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 AM

I hope it's going to change. There's been some pretty decent winds mixed in with the days and days of suck. Unfortunately, I haven't even pumped up a kite in over 6 weeks(and I've stopped counting). It sucks only being able to get out on the weekend. I actually even changed my schedule around in Dec and Feb to be able to kite a day a week. Every friggin day I've scheduled off during the week has been that windless day right before the winds hit
Old 02-05-2009, 07:51 AM

I have to go to ft lauderdale this weekend, for a spearfishing show at the fishing hall of fame, Good wind and waves are forcast.:lol: Hope it holds, BTW If anyone is into spearfishing This is an awesome show. http://thebluewild.com/index.html it is hosted by World champion Sheri Daye.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Finnian03

rode at cypress yesterday which was sweet. very cold though, lasted about two hours before the cold got to me. RM i found out what you meant with the "flats" at cypress, perfectly flat water blocked by the jetty!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 AM

Ride the north side lagoon at Cypress. Butter Flat!