FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Long Live Freestyle!!!

ok...I'm all about long distance races...but anyone ready for a hard-core freestyle event?

like really chill everyone throwdown rider judged photo heavy party on the water???
Old 03-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Default freestyle

BRAD thank you

LETS DO IT

will
Old 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Default freestyle

im game just let me know when and where?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 AM

we had a real fun day last sun...we got the slider finished and a crew came down and sessioned it hard...

lets see if this wind turns for tomorrow...I'm sure the same thing will happen again...

lets keep in touch for one of these weekends coming up...
Old 03-08-2008, 07:55 PM

Default woot

im down when you say its blowin
hit me up the next weekend your ready for a slider session and ill come down with some of the boys
-bobby
Old 03-09-2008, 01:00 AM

Default where

where is this slider park im there next time its blowin?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 AM

The "Slider Park" is about 100' off the beach at Whale Harbor, just look for the kites in the trees, you'll find it......
Seriously, I am all for some friendly competition and slider action, but why dont you guys use your 64 jet skis to pull it out a little further from shore?
Might make for a safer event (for the bystanders) and encourage others to hit it.
just a suggestion.......
Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Skyway Scott

Funny.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:57 PM

All agree.
Brad thanks for putting together this race to Key West. good follow up. Looks like each major spot will have its local contest .

as far as FREESTYLE, the next Event organized by Miamikiteboarding will be during the Kiteboard Masters /Kite4girls on APRIL 12-13 and will feature FREESTYLE CONTEST on the first days as well as LONG DISTANCE or buoyes race , on the 2nd day.
There will be a prize money for each.
Men & Women of course , has per our K4G concept, the women have their own Event within this 2 days of Kitesurfing Festival in Miami.

Brad , what do you think of applying the same points system as we started during the Fowey Race last week ? this will continue on a Ranking process throughout the all season in Florida for all riders attending Kite races ?
it's a reward for those who previously attended other races and Mostly an incentive for any riders who wish to compet meanwhile they obtain a ranking at the end of the season .
It could be interesting to declare a winner in each categories. Men, Women, Youth , Senior ?

Which could lead to a Florida championship. and could be of interest for a Big SPONSOR ? and a big prize TBA...??

Oh BTW , We also work on another long distance to get to you almost : MIAMI TO KEY LARGO !!
it's only 40 Miles and 80% flat water, in Biscayne Bay .
Good warm up and trial to your race KW actually . The ending is in Card Sound precisely.
We did it couple of times with Fabrice years ago, and always had this race/downwinder in Mind . So it's a good timing to set it up.
We will provide Chase boats as ususally AND a BUS to drive the racers back to starting point

FYI, if any riders want to give it a practice trial: Miamikiteboarding do offer a full-day Private Downwinders for ADVANCED riders with Chase boat and road drive back . Minmum 3 riders, upon reservaton. Check our www.Miamikiteboarding.com downwinder page.

We just need a "Ft Lauderdale to Miami" Race and we get the distance from Jupiter to Key West pretty much all covered in 4 Long distance races ...Who's up to it ??

we stay tuned.
christophe

Christophe Ribot
Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Yo Magnum, I sense a little...mmm...are you upset about something? If you are referring to last Sunday, those were put there in side shore winds for a small group of professional riders to session...and it was awesome. They were not put there to encourage anyone else to try and hit...

You may or may not know that normally we put them out on the otherside of the channel in the no-motor zone. We keep them on the shoreline in different places and yes we do use our 33 jet skis to move them around all over the place.

What's your name magnum? Have we ridden together?
Closed Thread