FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Skyway Scott

Only 4 of us out there at the "thickest". I rode alone for about an hour.
It's not exactly a crowded spot.
Besides, a vid cam would have literally gotten destroyed with sand blowing into every nook and cranny. My rear glass that opens up on my topper got blown up and exploded into a zillion pieces all over the beach. Great :roll:
Old 11-03-2006, 12:48 PM

I can answer that, already spoke to him as he was driving up to the beach, no camera...
Old 11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Skyway Scott

I wish I did have one though. Daryl boosts huge in big wind. I would say solid 30 foot airs (on an '07 Waroo 7m). One time I jumped at the same time as him, I was up pretty good and he was looking (way) down on me.
Slight ego crusher... oh well
Old 11-03-2006, 01:28 PM
E-Bone

Quote:
skillz...get it right Danny!!!
I am glad that somebody has been paying attention.

Yes, Tom's video is the best kiteboarding movie ever made. We are pressing DVDs and Tom and I will be rich. My HUGE kiteloop that I throw at the end is not slowed down via editing. Instead, I use mad skillz to twist the space-time continuum to slow the move down.

My favorite part has to be Tom's laughing at me after I ate crap. Sound like the same laugh that issues forth from me when I watch Tom eat crap, although Tom is always going bigger that I am when he gets his ass handed to him.

Thanks for shooting that video today, Tom. Funny stuff.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah. Cool video. Nice to see it. I think I saw the Donster in it, too.
I can tell by her jump it wasn't very windy. Oh well, looked pretty nice out there still.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
E-Bone

Yeah, the Donster was ripping it up on the Ozone. I need to try that kite out the next time I get a chance. It lookz sick.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
E-Bone

The evening session at the Skyway went off. I came over the Skyway and the whole bay was capping and the Element was blowing around like a blimp in a windstorm. It was nuking and I rigged a 9m Ion and rode a 118 cm board.

The highlight, naturally, was Billy and Jayson throwing down HUGE moves and blowing everyone's minds. Trent, Bryan, Tom, Bruce, Grundy, Guru, Zack, and others were out with me enjoying the conditions. A sizable portion of my brothas and sistas in the Sarasota crew showed up--several were on the water, including Drew and Hazmatt, when I arrived at 5:00 p.m. or so.

Cars were wall to wall. I saw some kookiness. It looked like one dude got yarded into a van by a kite way too big for conditions, and another guy was trying to self-launch a too-big kite in 25-30 without the skillz to cash the check. For the most part, however, it appeared that people were staying off of the water after the wind went from 12m to 9m.

On the bright side, a lot of people saw the van incident and probably learned a lesson and the dude involved appeared to be okay. As far as the other guy, I saw him starting to launch and pointed him out to others as being as potential hazard to himself and everyone else. Right away, he was in trouble. Several core kiters went to him and got him to land before he got into orthopedic trouble. So maybe we can do it with self-regulation.

Billy did a double handle pass move and Jayson got a double kite loop tonight. Sick.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:19 PM
tomstock

It was nuking!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:06 AM

epic epic epic friday.
i rode my 16 til i couldnt hold it.. rode my 12 til i couldnt hold it.. and my 9 til i simply couldnt hold an edge in the water.. about 4 hours of kite time .. yowza...

i was out by the sandbar just resting when i looked over and saw billy jump from the point of the beach and sky/float/fly down to just outside of the mangrove bush at the end.. no sh*t.

Jay's double kiteloops were SICK.

and yes.. my accidental half-kiteloop to faceplant was painful....

HOW THE F*CK these guys were riding unhooked in conditions that i could barely hold down w/ full depower is beyond me. the separation between casual and serious riders was quite evident.

VERY nice to see all the kite folks I had not seen for a while.

A friday to remember!

b

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa