FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-23-2006, 07:31 AM

currently
3 high wind kites and one high wind board=1700
1 light wind kite and 1 light wind board=500
Old 08-25-2006, 06:42 AM

what do you consider to be light wind gear(LWG).
for me, kites over 13m or boards over 127cm qualify as LWG not to mention the wasted gas/time off work just to say "well... at least i rode".
waiting too be bashed :cry:
Old 08-25-2006, 06:49 AM

BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol:
BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol: BASHED :lol:
Old 08-25-2006, 06:51 AM

notice how i got all the smileys to laugh at the same time :shock:
Old 08-25-2006, 07:50 AM

i can understand Bayflites thoughts.. he's also been doing this a lot longer than me (or most of us) so i'm still in the "gotta kite every moment i can" phase.

i hope to never outgrow that.. but i might.

good thing is that we have great areas to ride in most in any wind direction so once the winds pick up we're set.

i do need a bigger kite .. my 12m bow has been able to put me on the water in winds i never thought possible.. i'm going for a 16 bow as my large kite and call it done.

9/12/16 waroos and ill be a happy camper.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Skyway Scott

I understand BF too. Thing is, I consider myself a sailor more than an extreme sports guy, at heart. Heck, that's one reason I simply don't care that I still have only 5 tricks after 6 years.

So, if I am on the water and just cruising looking at dolphins and "such :twisted: " and coming back to where I started, I am pretty happy. I can do that in solid 9 knots.

I also only weigh 155 and am willing to be seen on a glide or skimboard.
I spend 20% of my money (or less) on light wind kiting (a light wind board). The biggest kite I need is a 16m C or currently any 14m Bow to ride in 10 (with a Glide or similar), and most of those bows will go up to 16 knots or more (easy)

St. Pete, like I said, doesn't even get reasonable light wind in the summer, it gets sub light wind :evil: . So, I think that affects your guys opinion of light wind, IMO. The wind is HOT and it's only blowing 8 knots.
Thats like 6knots in the winter. That sucks!!
So, yeah, that aint worth a dime, I agree with BF, sub light wind kiting isn't even do-able and of course it sucks to sink and schlog around!
It won't be much longer til the wind picks up.

Our we going to race on light wind days (11-13) this year, BayFlite ? :P
Tom and I raced to the back side of skyway and back once last year (from EB). It was fun, he beat me :?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:36 AM

i cannnnnnoooot wait!

scott.. you aint got 5 tricks!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Skyway Scott

Okay,

I exaggerated a little. :shock: