FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM

...and we still have our best month ahead of us...March when both the air and the water warm up and no neoprene required!!!

EB was a blast today, had a great time with all my bros and sistas!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:02 PM

That was Definitely a good time! I got throught the day with only one painful unhooked faceplant, and a whole bunch of my new signature move called "Dude,where's my board?".... I feel pretty lucky after watching some of you guys paying your dues. OUCH!
Amber got some killer shots of a bunch of us today, Looking forward to seeing them!
I usually have her shirts and stickers in my truck. A nice ringer T and 2 bumper stickers are 20 bux. (They might not make you ride better, but you'll definitely be the coolest guy at the stop light. )
Thanks for the grill Chef B
EPIC DAY
*Friendly Reminder:The ONLY thing the park asks of us is to be out BEFORE sundown. Please pack up in time and check your area for trash.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Tom Stock

No kidding. Paid my dues and then some today. Someone needs to stir the water for the fish right
Old 02-17-2008, 11:32 PM

took about 500 pictures and have spent all night trying to go thru them. That is one hell of a project. I should have them ready in the next two days and then i just have to kiss Chris Moore's ass so he'll put them on the site because I'm computer retarded and he's not.

Today was lots of fun. Lotsa kites and a few tangles that were handled calmly, and efficiently and always with a little help from friends, leading to no kitemares. I tried to kill adam with my kite but he dodged the bullet. sorry adam! My face is fried and i think i'm already sore, but probably not as sore as Scott will be tomorrow morning after that beating he took.

Today reminded me of why i got involved in this sport and the local kiting community. good times. Thanks to everyone that came out and played!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Skyway Scott

I saw Adam dodge that pink kite. That was funny.
Who has to wait 'til tomorrow? I can't sleep my neck is so screwed.
No pills, not even aspirin over here either.
I really wish someone saw what the kite did on that. That was the most screwed up thing I have ever felt kiting, and I've had some premier screw ups and been caught in a few micro-gusts over the years. I learned my lesson. If you know a kite is tuned way off, just sail back in.

I bet those pics of Billy (and others) turned out nice. You had pretty much perfect lighting out there and he was jumping in the perfect spot each time from what I saw. Look forward to seeing them.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:52 AM

Default Sunday with Steve O and Crew

Steve O and Crew-

Thanks for bringing me out to 3 Rooker Sunday. Had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone. They were very cool and great to ride with. It is definitely an epic spot. Anytime you need gas money - give me a ring!!

Tony
Old 02-18-2008, 07:49 AM

I got to Cypress around 1:30 wind was maybe 5-10 then around 2:30 it picked up to 15-18 untill I left at 4:30. Two other guys out there. all in all a great day, And I got to try the new board I built...rides Like a champ.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:55 PM

:mrgreen: fo sho good times yesterday
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM

glad to hear you guys are catching your share of wind. bahia salinas is really ripping right now. i was flying a 5m the other day!!! cant wait to ride with you crazies again when i get home.