FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Skyway Scott

Default This thread is gonna be good.

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2338639
Old 05-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Skyway Scott

Apparently not. I think a post actually got censored.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Does Anyone Want to Pay More????

No one wish they were the one unlucky enough to buy any product at a price that is higher than what they could have buy it for. I wish that we all have the funds to buy what ever items we like to have. But the simple fact is that there are many who can not afford the things that they want at a retail market price. Hence the begining of the price war.
Anyone who is in business is not in it just because they want to break even. They want there business to grow. But if you do not make the whole industry grow, then you are one of those that had been cheapening the brands in which you are selling.
If BEST choose to follow the pactice of the "story in the link forum" then eventually there brand will be devalvue and unsupported. I hope that is not the path. Because this sport has really only one path, and that is amazing growth.
Sure there will be people that will undercut the brand, but isn't that in every business.
People will see value is service and local shop are service (only if they want to be different than the mass retailor aka Walmart).
Thanks
A small retailor (not kitebording supplies).
Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 AM

Fortunately this is just what happens because we live in a free market society. (Aside from this particular incident which needs to be fixed internally at Best) This is good for the businesses and good for consumers. Competition forces the businesses to tighten up their operations, and at some point competition on price becomes a non-issues since a perfectly competitive market returns zero economic profit, this just meaning that there can never be on retailer sustaining huge profits for a long period of time.

No what you get are a bunch of kite retailer trying to diferentiate on attribute such as quality, design, and service.

As someone new to this sport I originally tried to find kites on ebay, i tried to find the cheepest kites and the cheapest lessons.

I ended up going with a local instructor knowing that if I had questions of problems he would be around.

This holds true for my kite. I bought my kite locally through a store also, not associated with my instructor, and I did have many questions. The support and service the store has given me is way more valuable than the dollars I could have saved via ebay.

Over time this wil lall play out and in the end I think that if the local shop owners can sustain themselves long enough they will be ok.