FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-30-2006, 06:47 AM

Default Dumbass of the month award

Goes to me for rigging a 20.5 M Machine on Saturday @ Honeymoon Island to do the downwinder to Bongos. I thought I could hold it down on a downwinder but I was obviously very mistaken. I apologize if I scared anyone with my late arrival to the party. It was a stupid, stupid move and I hope that not too many were left concerned at the Race Pre-Party. ops:

Thanks to both Erick and Mercedes for coming to pick my stranded @$$ up!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Yeahhhh

Yeah I was one of the drivers that dropped them off for the downwinder. I remember Toby saying he was going to put up his 20 and as I was driving away to head back to bongos I was thinking in my head "Man I was riding at Bongos and I was LIT on my 12. Did he say was going to put up a 20?" LOL.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 PM

Just wait till you have kids Toby! Then we'll Talk about doin' dumb ass things and getting the real award from the WIFE. Still, I guess this will do for now. :lol: But no real comparison. :wink:
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
tomstock

What about the award for pulling your buddies main bladder plug when you are both standing on an island? LOL! :lol:
Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 PM

Someone has obviously been busy whining!

Tom, try getting both sides of the story next time. There was good reason for doing so, mainly safety. There was a way off of the island that the person in question had just informed me of. The kiter in question found a pump but could not reinflate the kite so it would properly fly. Would you feel safe on a kite that won't reinflate on a 25 mile downwinder ALONE in VERY choppy water and high winds? I think not. If you want the whole story, I will be glad to fill you in. If you PM me I will let you know ALL of the story.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:41 AM

Toby,
It is out there now. You'd better spill the whole thing in front of God and everybody. This couldn't have happened on the same day and the same downwinder when you put up your 20M in winds gusting to 35, could it? Share the story and the laugh and put it behind you.

Bob
Old 11-02-2006, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson
Someone has obviously been busy whining!

Tom, try getting both sides of the story next time. There was good reason for doing so, mainly safety. There was a way off of the island that the person in question had just informed me of. The kiter in question found a pump but could not reinflate the kite so it would properly fly. Would you feel safe on a kite that won't reinflate on a 25 mile downwinder ALONE in VERY choppy water and high winds? I think not. If you want the whole story, I will be glad to fill you in. If you PM me I will let you know ALL of the story.
i've flown a kite with a rip in the center strut before, you just don't pump it up very hard, only enough to keep shape, but still soft. flys fine

from what i hear it was the center strut that had the rip right?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:06 AM
tomstock

God why are you guys such sissies about war stories!

:lol:

Give us a good laugh it's not end of the world! Anyone who has ridden for any significant amount of time has plenty of war stories to look back and laugh about.

Heck I'll post two or three for every one you share.

Quote:
There was good reason for doing so, mainly safety. There was a way off of the island that the person in question had just informed me of.
Like BOOM the bladder explodes and kills everyone! So how did you guys get off the island anyway? I didn't get to hear the full story, but I'm sure it's funny as hell.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:26 AM

I've been waiting all week for this to finally hit the forum...

48 degrees up here, hope the weather is better down your way...
Old 11-02-2006, 01:07 PM

Changed my mind. People can hear the story directly from Gary and I and then decide for themselves wheteher it was a good idea to pull the dump valve or not. :roll:

Drama sux.