FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-09-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Kiteless Kiteboard Event

Rick, Looks like the concept ran out of steam. I still think and event at
Ski-Rixen would be great. It would be good to meet other kiteboarders from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach in a centralized area like that.

By the way. Heads up ! There is another cable park facility opening in
Ft. Myers this spring. Now Fla. will have 3 locations.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Kiteless Kiteboard Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
Ski-Rixen would be great. It would be good to meet other kiteboarders from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach in a centralized area like that.

I spoke to some guys for whom this sort of an event should have been a natural. Unfortunately, nothing came of it. Still, there are still some months between now and when the more reliable cold front winds resume in the fall. There is time for a "No Wind" kiteboarding event.

My first attempt to promote some interest in this wasn't a total success. If folks would like to have an event like this, why not tell us about it here. It will help in the organizing and as in some many other things, numbers talk. Lots of interest --> no brainer, slight interest --> maybe next year?

What do you think?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Kiteless Kiteboard Event

Quote:

I spoke to some guys for whom this sort of an event should have been a natural. Unfortunately, nothing came of it. Still, there are still some months between now and when the more reliable cold front winds resume in the fall. There is time for a "No Wind" kiteboarding event.

My first attempt to promote some interest in this wasn't a total success. If folks would like to have an event like this, why not tell us about it here. It will help in the organizing and as in some many other things, numbers talk. Lots of interest --> no brainer, slight interest --> maybe next year?

What do you think?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-10-2005, 11:29 PM

Well, I kinda started to get the ball rolling. I contacted René at Ski-Rixen and they would love something like that. She mentioned to follow up with Andy Hurdman of Best Kiteboarding. Shannon and his team are always there when there is no wind. I wouldn’t mind helping you on getting this together. Mind you I’ve never done this but what the hell.

We can get the local shops….who knows
Old 08-10-2005, 11:29 PM

Well, I kinda started to get the ball rolling. I contacted René at Ski-Rixen and they would love something like that. She mentioned to follow up with Andy Hurdman of Best Kiteboarding. Shannon and his team are always there when there is no wind. I wouldn’t mind helping you on getting this together. Mind you I’ve never done this but what the hell.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:

I spoke to Shannon and Andy about this sometime back. I feel they would participate in the event and support it to some degree but organizing it would be another matter.

I have helped to put together a number of kiteboarding events over the years, nothing involving wakeboarding of course. The main thing would be getting some declarations of interest in such an event. There isn't any useable wind on tap so the interest should follow.

I will give Ski Rixen a call with some basic questions.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:

I spoke to Shannon and Andy about this sometime back. I feel they would participate in the event and support it to some degree but organizing it would be another matter.

I have helped to put together a number of kiteboarding events over the years, nothing involving wakeboarding of course. The main thing would be getting some declarations of interest in such an event. There isn't any useable wind on tap so the interest should follow.

I will give Ski Rixen a call with some basic questions.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 PM

Thats great. If there is anything I can do to help.
Hopefully we can get some of our local shops with Broward and PB shops involved. If anybody is reading this traffic, jump in.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 PM

Thats great. If there is anything I can do to help.
Hopefully we can get some of our local shops with Broward and PB shops involved. If anybody is reading this traffic, jump in.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

It seems to be that time of year again, SUMMER! I thought it would be worthwhile to bring this post back from last year, dust it off and pass it around. Anyone up for a zero wind challenge at the cable park this year? New ideas out there?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi