FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 AM

Thanks Kent for the info on boards. Sorry I so blatantly changed the direction of this thread, btw.
Yikes... I still have a couple more questions.

If I got one of his boards, I would be riding in it in sub 13 most likely and trying to race the windsurfers out at the beach. I wouldn't even want to jump it, so no worries on that one.

If you had to guess (in per cent) what is the speed/ability/difficulty-in-riding difference b/n a 2 year old production North board and one of Alex's new boards? I know in racing 2% could mean the diff b/n win/lose. But, for a guy like me, who cares about 2% (?) is my take.
Or is it night and day difference?
Also, Is riding an Alex board really tough because you have to ride it flat?
Is the difficulty level of riding it a deal breaker? Or am I assuming it's harder than it is?

Thanks again, I appreciate your inputs. It'll be cool to see Cabby have that board as a board offered in a line up. I could be wrong, but I think once people (at least 30 year old plussers) start getting a taste of race boards, many might want one for light days and to cruise. I personally would put my money into one way before I put into into a monster kite. I come from a sailing/windsurfing background and just love sailing around though. :mrgreen:
Also, I got to ride the new S-Quad 5'9" out at Cocoa and really liked it.

In terms of success on a forum, I think rational/respectful discussions are only possible when people aren't trying real hard to sell stuff or push an agenda.

Last edited by Unimog Bob; 02-04-2010 at 06:28 AM.