FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 07-22-2008, 11:36 PM

The only issue I really have (ever had) is people choosing friendships and personal interests over safety. If you don't like my brand of humor, you are entitled to a full refund. but tweaking the truth or sweeping it under a rug is what's counter-productive and impedes progress.
My take on forums these days:
People used to be more concerned about their beach than how politically correct they were on a forum. It was a great way to rib someone for being an idiot on the beach and they got the hint. It was wicked funny and got the point across at the same time.
Now it takes 30 minutes to write a non offensive post, 3 1/2 hours to think about posting it, and another half a day to wonder how bad it pissed someone off. Man, I just don't have that kind of time on my hands...

Oh yeah, moderators stealing my identity and posting on kiteforum is BS too.

PS- Beach Day 4 the Kids from 11:00-4:30 today at North Beach
Beach Cleanup at 5:00
Peace
Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Tom Stock

Yeah... so you spend all this time mentioned to get the balls to actually make a stand and say something about a kook circus act at the beach but then you have second thoughts so you immediately delete your post to avoid conflict.

Then the f@$ moderator QUOTES the already deleted post so everyone can see it and respond to it!

Seen it happen here about 5 times.

So obviously mods can see deleted posts as well as edit posts at will with no consequence.

NO GOOD.

Mods should only be able to DELETE, period.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:29 AM

Yeah, I know Scotty gut burned on that before- Thats sucks!
I have seen too many moderator games over the years and still dont see a need for them, other than for spam.
One thing worth noting is that Scott and I used to have the biggest battles of anyone on the forum, and it has actually gotten us to understand and respect each other a LOT better over the years as people and as kiters.
TBKA is a result of both of us overlooking the BS and working together to move forward and create something productive that can really make a difference!

BTW, I just saw they are finally doing a study on the T-groins at Sunset and considering removing them in 2010! (Woo hoo!)

Peace
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 AM

Geez, did anybody even look at the awesome bionic man? Let alone the wind blowing on the beach they walk down? Am I going to havta contact Rodney King so we can all get along.

Anyway, so why didn't my video embed anyway, I thought I just had to cut and paste in the code from the youtube video that said embed and presto
Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Embedding youtube and vimeo video clips, photos too for that matter into posts, is easy. More about how at: http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Still looking into the whole soft, physically delete thing. It isn't as straight forward in the forum software as I would like. Everyone should know that posts deleted by users are hidden from users but not moderators. As far as I can tell there is no direct way to alter this but I am still checking. It may come down to simply aware of this and using some restraint.

BigR just reminded me of something. If you want to delete the content of a post, simply do that and put "edit" in its place and save it. No one will be able to read the original post. It is easy and avoids this entire issue.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-23-2008, 09:50 AM

[you tube]gQRQs-N-ZIM[/you tube]

just delete the space between you tube. the tag in the middle is the part from youtube's tag for the video. Make sense?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Embedding youtube and vimeo video clips, photos too for that matter into posts, is easy. More about how at: http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Still looking into the whole soft, physically delete thing. It isn't as straight forward in the forum software as I would like. Everyone should know that posts deleted by users are hidden from users but not moderators. As far as I can tell there is no direct way to alter this but I am still checking. It may come down to simply aware of this and using some restraint.

BigR just reminded me of something. If you want to delete the content of a post, simply do that and put "edit" in its place and save it. No one will be able to read the original post. It is easy and avoids this entire issue.
Thanks for looking into it Rick and offering up that advice.

I recently came across some software Rick, that you or Chris might enjoy using (maybe not) It's great for showing little stuff like how to embed YouTube etc. I use to use Camtasia quite a bit, this is made by the same company and is similar. It's free, and hosting (up to about 25 mins of vid) is free as well.
It takes maybe 20 minutes to learn, install and get going. It's simple.

Anyway... here is a short clip. It might prove useful as a tool, it might not. http://www.screencast.com/t/dIFcH5m9S
You sometimes give slide presentations on here Rick, with writing. You could show the slow show on Powerpoint or similar, narrate over it... many ways to take it (or not)
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 AM

I have been a techsmith product user for years now. They have great stuff, Camtasia rules!!