FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
invisible

Oh thats right I remember now... that bar isn't a spinner bar and the leash is in your face.

That bar design is from 2003-2004. No 0-shit handles, not a spinner bar, a cleat for a stopper, a true suicide leash (called that for a reason) etc.

If you can pick up an 07 waroo bar for that kite you won't regret it. I think it's the best bar out right now... even Scott, noted best BASHER, who doesn't own a single best kite or board, uses an 07 waroo bar. That says a lot, trust me!

LOL

The best bar fully depowers the kite (releases the stopper) when you use the suicide leash safety.

There are two other attachment points also (o-shit handles).

You can release the stopper by just pushing the bar out with one hand (prevents getting lofted)...

TWO CL ropes instead of one

It's a spinner bar... you can spin it all day long in one direction if you want to.

The stopper doesn't chew away at the CL rope like a cleat...so it's not gonna wear and break letting you fall 40 feet into a foot of water and break your back ... (Scott did this a few times with the old slingshit bars).

Oh, and you can self land to one of the o-shit handles no problem. Done it myself several times now... it spins for awhile but it beats a surprise hot launch.

Bayflite can get you one at a really good price... you guys might even be able to work out a product swap