FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > *** Past KB Events! *** > Central Florida Downwinder Race
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2009, 10:19 PM

Talking

I wasnt trying to offend anyone by my post. It's just that I live a block from the Pier on the beach and about a mile from Cherie Down. This literally is my backyard. I grew up surfing here and have been on the beach all day every day for a while now doing surf/kite/sup lessons. The idea of a tons of kiters going down the beach with the recent amount of people freaked me out. Due to heavy binge drinking of college students, they do tend come out a little later than 10am, so all should be good. Hopefully people will get setup kinda early so that the tourists don't put their towels and umbrellas in the launch area. I am excited that people will get to experience the amazing conditions we have. The forecast looks great for Saturday! As long as there is a decent amount of East to the wind, then Cherie Down will be a good starting place. The beach gets really gusty with NNE and sometimes NE but once you get past the breakers you'll find a good breeze. Keep your distance from the pier cause occasionally the fishermen find it fun to cast at kiters. I just found out about the race on Sunday and already have lessons booked, so wont be able participate. Good luck to everyone and have fun!!!