FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-27-2009, 12:48 AM

Default Sean Reyngoudt the One Leg Wonder

I'm sure you've all seen Sean rippin somewhere. Anyway here is a little video I put together of our keys boy representing on the wake and the kite.

http://vimeo.com/3876070
Old 03-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Brilliant filming and editing kiter1080! You really have a real talent for this, Sean is lucky to have been your subject. What sort of camera were you using, very sharp imagery with great color fidelity.

Filmmakers have issues at times, just like anyone else in media. Trying to avoid lawsuits or contributing to someone's injury or even death, kiter or bystander, can come into things. There are many images over the years that I opted not to use for these reasons. When I have I try to include information highlighting the poor practice being shown. As good as the shot may be, if you care about kiteboarding and what actions your images might promote others to do, you need to ask yourself, will this help or hurt?

Guys jumping other people, like windsurfers fall in this category and are idiotic in the extreme, primarily by the kiter. I have wipeout shots of Sean, you do too no doubt, everyone screws up after all. Do you want to screwup and cut some guys head or neck open? It happens. Jumping rock jetties is just as dumb and will over time take out riders, again, no matter how good they might be. Lots have proven this over the years. None of us have control of the wind or even gear failures particularly if we become careless with preventive maintenance or are just unlucky. Shots that put bystanders at risk, carving close to and upwind of a toddler again can put your brilliant product in a questionable light.

Stuff to think about to keep the high caliber of your product in focus without needless and potentially destructive detractions. Keep up the great shooting and editing.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-27-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the compliments, I primarily use a Sony XDCAM ex-1, theres a lot of stuff mixed in from smaller hdv cameras.

As for the content, the Toddler sean seems to ride past is actually no where near him. It is a depth of field illusion from zooming in so far. The windsurfer is a similar illusion.

We know the risks involved with what we do and in no way try to say its not stupid. However, pushing limits is what makes athletes stand out for better or worse.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad to hear the windsurfer wasn't overflown, we've had a bad habit of hitting them or nearly so over the years. Bad for relations. Some of the best video implies impressive things that in fact didn't even happen in reality. Point well taken and score one for a nicely captured shot.

Pushing limits is good when calculated risks stay with the athlete and don't involve others particularly unknowingly in the risk. Glad that was taken into account in your shooting. Pushing the limits implies new things though, I used to ride in hurricanes ten years ago or more. Quit doing it after a collision with reality nine years back. Riders still get killed or badly messed up in tropical systems unfortunately. Guys were jumping and occasionally slamming into jetties that far back as well. They still are with the odd injury. Pushing limits is as much a challenge of thinking of new things at times as it is actually pulling them off. Access comes into this as well. Anyway, liked the craft in your piece, happy shooting.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Default ..

unrelated so it really doesnt belong in this thread?...... sick video...
shits dopeee
nice filmin skilz too =)
Old 04-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Best luck to Sean. It is going to take some doing but he doesn't lack drive or ability when he needs it in kiting. Apply that in good measure to the challenges ahead and build something better on the far side.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 04-07-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Default Sean

Do you have video of his lobster catching skills?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Alex,

My post was not rediculous and my post was a simple comment on the post above mine...maybe you should ask the guy above me to take his post down?

Danny

Last edited by Danimal8199; 04-18-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM

why do you guys insist on posting peoples personal matters on an internationally read forum.

danimal take your ridiculous post down
Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 PM

you guys and your unrelated insults don't belong on this forum. this is about sean and an amazing video. quit being crybabies because he can kite better than you with only one leg.