View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

New information about Marco Island/Tigertail Park from:

I have a lot of photos from this event to process and put up. Here are a few for starters.

A shot from an early morning, chilly session today during the Naples Kiteboarding Reunion at Tigertail Park off Marco Island. I understand the sand bar has substantially grown northward into Big Marco Pass over the last 30 years.

A screen capture of a pair of dolphins that swam by during my kiting session at Tigertail Park on Thursday morning.

A short video clip of the encounter

I encountered two bald eagles at Tigertail Park yesterday while kiting at the Naples Kiteboarding Reunion. I have seen very few of these birds in SE Florida. I caught this one framed by the kite in the lower center.

The water was deep enough for navigation of small boats around low tide in spots at the north end of the sand bar. The camp sites of the Reunion participants.

It is a long walk in depend on whether you stay on the land the whole way (2.7 miles) or are able to cut a mile off by walking across the lagoon from the parking lot at low tide. Given that this site works best in strong cold fronts, it can be a very cold area too. The air temp. was 50 to 60 F while I was there and I froze my butt off with a 5/4 and heat seeker plus a fleece overcoat while on land. We all were pretty cold. Taking a boat in is best.

I would talk to Naples Kiteboarding about boating in there or lessons, they hold the kite instruction concession for the park at:

http://www.naplesfloridakiteboarding.com

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi