View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Hi all,

What a great time it was on monday, think I have just started to get back to normall. Although I did not have any reports from lifeguards I did hear a few remarks of some riders entering swim areas, this is something that can not happen. Reports have been somewhat inconsistent so it is hard to put a accurate finger on it of exactly who and how much this did happen and I don't really want to bring the stoke down as I feel we all have to fine tune things with exact rules and proceedures and how they will be tackled and inforced in the future. If we are going to grow this event in the future it is very important that we take care of these issues for the access issues of beaches and the fairness of competition to all riders, especially when money is involved. For example if any beaches ever got shut down due to this event I would not sleep at night and if there is thousands of dollars at steak for the winners it has to be a fair playing feild.
Things are done for this year and it was a huge success but once again I have learnt a lot and have already started planning next years race and have some great ideas for it and how to resolve any discrepancies or flaws of this years race. We will fine tune things and make sure that every year it gets bigger and better than the last.

Thanks again to all, it was amazing. Cheers Neil