View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

No end of marvelous places to check out in the Caribbean. Went through the Grenadines last summer, it's a great destination. They are so close together and yet fall within about a 60 mile stretch north to south. There are so many beaches, cays, reef lines, wrecks and more to explore. The best way to take in the islands is by liveaboard boat. We did it on Windjammer, fun operation but sadly they're no more.

I saw a lot of nice photos from the islands on the website of CARIBBEAN KITE SURFARIS, http://web.mac.com/caribbeankitesurf...e/Welcome.html Some of the images follow, lots more where those came from in the Photo Gallery of the site. These folks do the Grenadines AND head south all the way to Trinidad/Tobago and across all those windy latitudes to Venezuela! There are lots of little explored islands and reefs in the ABC, Margarita latitudes. Would love the opportunity to check them out first person on a liveaboard someday.

Nothing like some quality island time with WIND!

You get this incredibly blue water in some of the island areas. White carbonate sand sets it off even more.

Endless island forms and coastlines to explore

You can also fall into some really good swells

I think I might have rigged and launched from this same small island in the Tobago Cays. Great times to be had down there, why not check it out?

Photos by Betty Findlay

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi