Thread: New Wetsuit
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUkiter View Post
Tried the Neil Pryde and really liked it, but I wanted to try the Mystic first since I've read several good reviews
I wouldnt spend $300 on any of those fancy kite-brand wetsuits yet.......shop around 1st, any surfing style wetsuit with 3-4mil thickness will work about as good as any overpriced Mystic or Neil Pryde. Yes the Neil Prydes have alot of rubber-top neoprene to act as a wind barrier which is nice but check this out:
At WSW I found a 4mm Quicksilver MX fullsuit for $35, the retail price tag on it was $289! It had alot of black rubber up top and fit me perfectly. I liked the wetsuit so much i went back and bought two more, one in 3mm and the other 2mm.....BTW..The nice thing about Surfing wetsuits is that you can also use them for other sports like surfing or skin diving, Neil Prydes are too thick in the armpit region for paddling or swimming IMO (designed for windsurfers)
WSW consistantly has the best deals on wetsuits, everywhere else you have to wait for the Sales days, and even then only odd sizes are left by the time you get there in my experience.

Hope this helps