Thread: 13 2008 Waroo
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 08:38 AM

I know that I am smaller than you guys, but this is an interesting point about not riding larger kites. When I first learned on the new bow kites, my first kite was a 16MCrossbow. I got it in May 2006. I rode that kite in anything from 10kts to 20kts switching between Big Bessie (LW 169 with the hibiscus flowers) and the LF Aura 130. That kite was a bus!!!! But, I didn't really know any different. I'd borrow my friend's 12M Switchblade from time to time, but always preferred the bigger kite until I got a 12M and 9M that Fall. That's when I quit with the "I need a big kite" as the 12M was my go to in all conditions. Fast forward just a bit, and my biggest kite is now the Era 10M!! I weigh around 135-140, and use this kite in as little as 10kts up to 22-23kts switching between my SuperPhatty and Crazyfly 125. Amazing how kites have evolved. I, too, find sub 12kts blah, but at least rideable if it dies down to that point. Roy has found that the 12M Era is his go to as well. If he can't ride that, we just leave the beach. Maybe we have all become wind snobs!! LOL