View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:02 AM

I rode Chase's and Sammy's Placebo Surf Skates and thought they were kick a$$ for sure. They are pretty wide. Here in St. Pete, I would err on too wide.
That's actually what I meant when I lean toward "bigger" boards here in St. Pete. Wider (and rocker or lack thereof) make a much bigger diff. than length, is my experience.
You can still jump directionals, btw. I have a TL2 Stretch (strapped) that goes to the moon off of wave faces. You better point that puppy straight downwind if coming down from a big one... litt, btw, or your ankles won't like it.

Cornel has a sweet little Stretch http://www.stretchboards.com/boards/...irectional.php that is insane. I wish I had it. I couldn't believe the low end on this thing for it's size, and how it felt. It is a great board. He got it used pretty cheap.

The variance among directionals is quite obvious. Each one rides so much different than another shape. I assume it's because there are so many variables that go in to each one (rocker line, width, outline, fin placement, # fins, etc). That's why I would try to demo a few first, Gary (like you decided to do).

Last edited by Unimog Bob; 09-20-2009 at 10:19 AM.