View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggins
How hard would it be to just use the 10ft longboard I have now??? wonder if the balance would be too hard?

This would definately make crappy days more fun and more time on the waves probably as well!

VERY nice thanks,,,,and help appreciated with board advice...would like to just use what I have.

j
I hear you. I have a long windsurfer, 325 cm and a 9'2" tanker I would like to use for it. Unfortunately, from what I have been told from the shapers and riders out in Hawaii, neither my 9 ft. or your 10 ft. board would be good for standup. The thickness/displacement of the board comes into it as well as the width for stability. You want to be able to stand motionless without too much trouble. Add waves and you still want some stability while not moving forward. Maybe look around for an old long windsurfing board, something around 12 or 13 ft. It won't measure up with the purpose built boards particularly in the waves but it can get you going on the flat and in lighter waves. Even lighter women seem to start with 11 ft., beamy standup boards.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi