View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Skyway Scott

It will be interesting to see if it sea breezes here today. It started off WAY stronger out of the NE this morning than yesterday.... AND NOAA predicts a sea breeze (usually a bad thing, not kidding).

If it does, it will have to do one of two things (most likely... always an exception) before it can.

1) Drop to dead zero at the SW... if/when it does, I start driving to PaG.
I don't even care what the other sensors say if the SW goes from strong NE to zero this time of year, it will blow within 20 minutes of me arriving at PaG, 8 out of 10 times.

2) Go due north at SW and drop to about 10 knots. (really means five or less, cuz sensor reads high).

Either way today, I am probably just going to night ride tonight anyway.
That seems like the best bet for some serious wind, and the moon is near full. Should be awesome out there.

I use to spend a lot more time theorizing about winds because our sensor situation is so lame here. The sensors along the beach are way off, and most only update on iKite every two hours. So, I had to start trying to learn what the wind was going to do before hand, if I didn't want to miss it.

Then I lucked out and found a beach cam. Now I don't think about it too much because all I do is look at the beach cam. If I see white caps, I start driving.

It still makes me feel better if it's blowing next to nada at the SW, though.