View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 AM

By no means disagreeing with you Scott....I think you are spot on with everything down there. Your theories have a strong sense of time on the water.

The situation up north vs. down south is very interesting to me as the conditions can be so different yet less than an hour drive apart.

The easterlies in the bay vs. what takes place up north is a no brainer.

But the sometimes huge difference in wind speeds this time of year on the afternoon searbreezes is fascinating.

Check this out....Sunday we left Clearwater to head to 3 rooker. It was white capping pretty good in the intercoastal. As we were heading north the caps got less and less. When we arrived at 3 rooker the wind was pretty much 6-8mph. It was a 4.5 mile ride.

So south got a classic sea breeze yesterday. Up at three rooker felt like a typical cold front day, just not cold. It was no light switch. Windy out of the NE in the AM and just filled in throughout the day with a due North.

I definately think the proximity of the bay as it relates to the southern beaches helps fuel the wind....and I have no doughts the tide has something to do to accelerate things as well.....riding currents aside. Cool water vs. warm land.....yup.