View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 09:36 PM

I Happened To Be At The Scene Of The Dunedin Causeway Accident And I Hope & Pray For The Speedy Recovery Of The Injured Boy.
My Wife & I Were Watching The Two Kite Boarders Launch. I Am New To The Sport And I Am In The Process Of Taking Lessons. I Was Shocked To See That They Were Launching Their Kites On The North Side Of The Causeway, With A Direct Onshore Wind, Just From The Minimal Safety Information I Have Learned. It Was Scary Enough When One Of The Kites Was Hovering Just 10 Feet Above The Power Lines. I Mentioned To My Wife That It Appeared To Be An Accident In The Making. Just Moments Later, A Northern Rainstorm Was Approaching And There Was More Than Enough Time To Avoid It.
Unfortunately, Chris Was Not Able To Avoid The 30+mph Gusts.
My Wife Dialed 911 And Now She Is Questioning My Involvement In My New Sport...

What I Didn't Quite Understand, Is That It Appeared As Though This Small Group Was Involved In Some Sort Of Lesson. One Guy, Who Appeared To Be The Most Knowlegable Of The Group (maybe Instructor?) Kept Waving The One Kiter Away From The Power Lines. Why They Were At This Spot With These Wind Conditions Is Bewildering To Me...