View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:47 PM

I've been riding Links for about 3 months now. I have the 15M rigged 5 line and all the rest 12M, 9M & 7M are 4 line. I've lengthened my 5th line about 10 inches on the 15M and added 2 inches to the trailing edge pig tales. With these adjustments and at 205 lbs. I can stay up wind in the surf and jump super good. I've been out here in St. Aug when most kiters were walking back up the beach and I could actually gain ground at will on my 137. My 15 has a huge range. I've been out in wind from 10 to low teens all the way to high 20s and had a blast. The kite boost me super good. Of all the Links the 15M 5 line has been my favorite until SS came out with the new bridle for the 12M.

I changed the bridle out on the 12M Link at the Halloween event and have had a chance to ride it twice since then. Once in 15 to 25mph onshore conditions in the flat water at the inlet and in breaking surf. I also got to put it to the test yesterday at Huguenot in offshore gusty wind 10 to 28 mph in waist to chest surf. My biggest beef with the 4 line configuration was that the kite wouldn't boost me high on jumps. Well based on my last 2 sessions on the new bridle for the 12M Link that problem has been resolved. I'm boosting way higher with the new configuration. I've also noticed it now relaunches much easier by just pointing the bar at the kite. The new bridle does increase bar pressure but I felt that was a plus for kite control as I can feel kite position through the bar. My only concern is that the nw bridle is much longer and may cause it to wrap on the kite if dropped in the surf. Overall I've noticed a huge performance improvement in my 12M. If you have a 12M Link and haven't tried the new bridle, get it, install it and feel the difference. It only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to install on the deflated kite.