View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:17 PM

ya.. TI was a bit of a mess.. beach was nukin.. sand flying across the beach.. looked to be EPIC!... rigged 9m and hit the water.. and .. nothing.. was odd.. seemed there was tons more wind closer to ground than up in the air.. was able to keep upwind enough to have fun.. but was work.

after about 1 hour or less we had all put the kites down ..

backside was super low tide when we got there.. i saw while rigging that my 9m front bridle was tearing.. UGH.. so i thought that a 12m would be ok..

bad call. 12m was WAY too big. once out in the flats the wind came up about 5 more knots.. maybe more.. and i was not having fun of any sort.

made it safe to the beach and put up the 7m and had a good time.. rode for about another 30 to 45min and called it a day.. tired from yesterday.. lots of work from the earlier sessions..

no complaints tho..

cbs news interviewed me for a bit.. they kept asking "so how DANGEROUS is this sport???" "can you really be SAFE out there??" crap like that... i probably pissed them off when i said that we go to accuweather to get our forecast info.. ahhahaha...

6pm tonight..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa