Thread: RIP old forum
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Skyway Scott

"Drama" is the reason that FlKiteSurf was recently taken down for reorganization efforts. If/when reinstated, I hope that this type of behavior will be treated with a zero tolerance policy. It is too bad so many members lost (hopefully temporarily) a great site due to the misappropriate actions of so few.

On that note, why does a poll exist about what an out of town kiting instructor should do about a lost board?
RobertR clearly spoke to every kiter he could find on East Beach that day (including me). Anyone there knows that.
Is not everyone guilty for not taking responsibility and taking the board home? I know I left the (blue and white board as described) assuming its owner would want to ride it.
I also know, I didn't take the time to walk down to the tree to look at it, because I was riding upwind. If I had known it was Allan's, I would have gotten it. I suspect that is true for all of us.

I heard about the board directly from Robertr, so did lots of others. Everyone out there that day "left" that board. Why not blame the very last guy that left the beach? How about we blame the next to last guy? BTW, several items have been stolen in St. Pete. Allen had his 157 WT stolen off of NB last season (it was a week old) I can list more boards stolen/lost over the seasons from various locations, including my WHOLE darn shibang at the Islamorada contest.
I never suspected a kiter that day, not for a moment. I suspected that non-kiting boneheads stole it. After it was stolen, Alex Aguera, Jayson, Johnny Czeck Robert and others loaned me stuff. I felt alot better knowing my kiting freinds were on my side.