View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I sent the payment today for the Spleene so It should be here in about a week. What about the 14m Royal Era, ya think thats going perform any better than a 15m Ion? Seems like a slightly larger kite would have more low end if it has more material.

I know we arent getting much wind now but I'm going to try and get out a few more days this season. The last 2 times I went out, I was unable to stay up wind yet a couple other guys were riding and doing just fine. Both times the wind really never got crankin so I struggled with diving my ION and Dimitri Pro while watching them tack back and forth.I'm trying to put together a set up that will give me at least the chance to tack even if it never gets juiced.
Wow, that was fast on that Spleene. If it's low end you are looking for though, that board is unreal. I can't see you disappointed.

Yes, imo, it's hard to get much worse than the 15m Ion for light wind (sorry) with today's kite choices, so the 14m Era will smoke it, hands down, as will many other kites. It's definitely more about the cut and efficiency of the kites now, not so much size. We use to ride 19-23 m C kites that couldn't hold a candle to today's 15m SLEs.

I would try to demo any new 14m -- 17m. Everyone has different likes. Actually though, I would ride that Spleene first, back to back with your SW for a full day while still on your Ion, just so you can get a feel for how much the board makes a difference, first. Otherwise, you might credit the demo kite for everything.