View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR View Post
yeah, it is really good half the year, especially if you are already used to the cold since you kitesurf in France. It was averaging 40 degrees during this past winter when it was windy. Now it is 90 degrees . It also helps if your job is flexible because the wind here can happen anytime, early, late or all day. You also have the option of South Florida (think warm) or the East Coast (think waves).
Thanks for your answer! I used to the cold, I did kitesurf during all the winter in France, I brought my full wetsuit :-P

Unfortunately my job is not flexible, I work in a office at bradenton but the workday is finished at 5pm - evening session could be great?

Do you think that South or East Coast have better spots for wind this summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiatispimpin101 View Post
It really depends on the skill of the rider, Last summer i rode ALOT and my biggest kite is a 12m and i use a really big board 145x143. I weight about 155 pounds. If you are looking to complete your quiver with 2 more kites i would suggest a 10 or 11 and for your big kite a 13-14.

I don't think any bigger is necessary. With a 12-14 meter and a big board at your weight you should be fine, any wind less than that is just boring anyways
Ok thanks, I will look for a 13-14 meter and a skim or surf!