Thread: Course Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:30 PM

This is great. I’d like to see some course racing taking off here. We started the Cabrinha kite race series in SF Bay 3 years ago and it is very successful now. The nice thing is also the fact that you can race in winds as light as 10 mph as long as it is gusting to 12-13. I personally would suggest windward leeward races of 2 laps with a down wind finish. You can count on Garry, Todd, Josh, and me coming over from Adventure Sports to support your races.

Jay, I don't know what a woody is, but if it's not a directional, I'll take your challenge!!! Before the races start, I strongly implore those of you that don't have quads or at least flat tri fins with very little toe-in to get one ASAP. Course racing is totally fun, but not if you don't have the right stuff to race on. We have been working on course boards for one and a half years and have gotten pretty far. 3-4 of us in Miami race on the weekends, and can't wait to check our stuff against some others. Let us know when it's on and we will be there.

Kent