View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
An obstacle to kiting at FHP will be the Friends of Howard Park, aka windsurfers. Once they hear about our effort they will lobby the park ranger to oppose it. There are areas designated for the PWCs along the causeway and perhaps we can get an area designated for kiting. The windsurfers always want the windward side of the backside beach, so perhaps to get our "foot in the door" we could take the leeward side.
what is it with the poleboarders??? I don't understand why so many of them have such a bad attitude towards kiters. Of course not all of them feel that way, but i guess we must be the "black sheep" of the sailing community. They always ride from howard park over to anclote and 3 rooker to check us out, whats wrong with us riding at fred howard?? I made the "crossing" over to howard from anclote one day with a few others and it looks like a real nice spot to ride. Hopefully we can gain access there, good luck brian thanks for your hard work. Let me know if you need some signatures to help push your proposal