View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 10:24 AM

Scott,

We are not the law, so how can we "enforce" rules? This sign to me represents recommendations/proper etiquette.

To get the park behind you I would imagine there would be alot of red tape involved. As a person (not you or anyone on here personally), one cannot declare yourself the top authority on kiteboarding and hand a ranger rules and expect him to just say "yes i'll enforce them" and accept them completely.

I would think that if you are adding park rules it would have to go infront of the pinellas county parks and recreation committee, go through their legal council, get votes and all that comes with anything in the legal and regulatory environment.

Obviously we are pushing the safety aspect here but I would def. approach it from a recommendation standpoint.

I think the best way to keep it safe and keep our freedom is to keep the park hands-off as possible.

This is though, a step in the right direction showing the rangers that we are serious about responsibility, accountability, and safety. Oh, and that we are not all a bunch of yahoos.

Danny