View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 09:25 AM

Rick-

As a matter of fact.. I know the guy that probably took that picture. We met him while we were on Harbour Island, Bahamas. His name is Gavin Butler. He does all of Best's media and advertising. I was quite impressed that he simply does everything by a portable macintosh and he lives practically out of a backpack traveling all of the time. When we met him he was staying at "sitting pretty," the biggest house on the dunmore beach club that belongs to alex shogren and his family. His parents Noel and Elaine were also very nice.

I have to say that he does some amazing work, especially for not studying art. He is a chef by trade, which is also a form of art. Interesting.

The poll question, that's something only I started to analyse once I was in art school. The deeper you delve into art the more you realize it surrounds you, you live in it, eat it, drink out of it, sit on it and watch it everyday. I've taken some interesting trips to companies whom design the cereal boxes, to museums and talked with people whom design each museum display (never considered that an actual art or job) I'm even friends with G.S. whom designs "Aggression Kiteboards" www.aggressionkiteboarding.com out of Grand Haven, Michigan.

I know that art is everywhere in the kiteboarding industry. We could try to name them all. Anyone wanna begin? As for my own art, I do all sorts, not always about kiteboarding. I'll be posting a new comic in a few days. I'll be adding a section of my artwork as well as another to feature everyone's artwork soon and I'll let you know.

Good Day!
Lindy

\"Throw your dreams into the air like a kite and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.\" - Anais Nin