View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:41 AM

Default The Parker Files.

Well,
If I had the spare time, I could write a novel about all of the unbelievable kiting adventures of wild Bill. Since Billy izn't a blogger, you gotta hang out to hear it from him. Dude can tell a story.
Anyway, yesterday we were packing up gear after riding he said, "I almost lost this kite a couple weeks ago". Of course I asked "how"? The story goes like this.

"Well, I was doing a downwinder on N wind when somewhere around IRB I missed a handle-pass and the leash failed...bye bye kite. I was way out so I swim in, run down the beach downwind of the kite, swim way out to sea and just as I get to it, the kite relauched and went way way way out to sea. Now what? My plan was to jump on the kite and rest as by now I can barley even breath, and I'm positive I wont make it back to shore.
I saw a marker and swam to it. I kicked the marker while holding on and now I'm bleeding. Crap!
After catching my breath I swim in to shore. So I pump up my 18m grab the spleene and take off. By this time The kite is even further than I thought. Finally I get to the kite and realize that the bar is snagged on something and is underwater. All the lines are tight and the kite is launching and landing violently. I managed to untie a couple of lines then I hear "hey man, you need some help?" It was a kayaker. So I asked him you got a knife?
"No" he said. After a while, he realized he couldn't help and left. So by now I've managed to get three lines untied. Police boat arrives and says "hey, where is your buddy?" I explained both kites are mine there is no buddy. and asked if he had a knife.
He did and handed it to me. I cut the last line and ended the whole ordeal feeling like I needed to puke for 2 days after."

Wild Bill...A kitesurfing legend.