View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 08:05 AM

Default No Luke, I am your father....

after many moons of internal debate I finally took the dive, went with my initial gut feelings, and bought two Dimitri Pro Skywalker boards.

I bought myself a 2007 Pro 130 x 41 and Dan's wife went in an we got him a Pro 135 x 48 Lightwind.

I was torn between getting a BEST chubby 140x47 and a 133 Float or perhaps a couple of Agression boards or even the Nobile boards look amazing (not cheap tho)...but I had been interested in the Skywalkers ever since they came out with their 2006 line and all the reviews have been very positive.

I did a lot of digging around.. few people in the states have these and I've never seen one in person.. they are very popular overseas and on a number of UK forums they simply rave and rave about them.

Finally I went to the man himself and gave Dimitri a call .. we talked for a while about what I wanted in a board and conditions we ride in.. he gave me a great deal on the two boards.. saved quite a bit of $$$ buying directly from him.. and thats all it took for me to be sold on em..

So... I figured not only are they going to be good quality product.. it might be cool to have a couple in our local area for others to take a test drive on to weigh it into consideration for any future board purchases.

I've been able to take test drives on a number of boards from local riders.. now its time to repay the favor (you will have to ask Dan for a spin on his board of course.. ) .. but my 130 can be enjoyed by anyone that would like to give it a go .. as long as I am not riding it .. hahha..

I also picked up a couple used boards.. a BEST 125 drive and a Squall 140x49 lightwind... so .. our days of being Ply-Boarder are over..

These Skywalker boards are beautiful.. soooo damn light and solid.

Now I just need some f**king wind!!!! yee haw!

here is a site w/ some good pics of the Skywalker boards..
http://emeraldcoastkiteboarding.com/...hp?cPath=21_55

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa