Thread: New dog
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 AM
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil Kenevil View Post
Doggie overcrowding is becoming a serious problem....
With over 20 dogs per month entering into our sport, our beaches are rapidly becoming overcrowded with doggies. Most of these doggies are true rebels, acting like they own the beach,most with no qualified instruction, and never there.......
Maybe you're just poking fun at me... but here's the story...

My last dogmare involved someone's dog trying to bite my shorts while I was trying to get on my board. After some stupid games trying to get the dog to back off I dove the kite HARD (20-25 mph?) to get away fast, but instead it turned and jumped in front of me. I edged hard to avoid it but got yanked out of the straps, lofted onto the beach at full tilt (kite low). I ran like the flash but couldn't keep up, fell hard, got cut up pretty good, destroyed a new pair $60 of booties when I landed (they ended up around my ankles) and crashed my kite on top of cars and people. I still haven't replaced the booties.

The owner is a friend of mine so I walked it off ... shit happens, no hard feelings. So that's a dogmare. It's more than just stepping in crap!

Next time I'm just gonna wait until the dog gets bored and chases someone else! I hope it's you lol