View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 05:10 PM

Rick,

10 - 15 foot is 20 - 30 foot over here. 15 foot was my limit, although I went out at Ehukai when the beach was closed and Pipe was shutdown because of to much north in the swell. I still have no idea how big it was the day I went out at Ehukai, I just know that I was a little short on my board selection that day by taking some late drops. The 3 guys in the line up were allowing me to take this huge set, I guess they thought I was going to get pounded by going over the falls with my short ass board. I made it and it was the biggest barrel I have ever been in.

High School wasn't bad, I alligned myself with some of the biggest samoans at the school. I was treated as an equal unlike most military kids who show up and show disrespect and then get there ass beat.

I had a chance to surf was some of the best surfers back then. Mike and Derrick Ho, Liam and Garrett McNamara, Gerry Lopez, Tony Moniz, Mike Stewart, the list can go on.

I have some really good stories from surfing the North Shore. Lots of good memories too. Sometimes I will sit back and think of a time I went out at Pipe and then I will put my self into a anxiety attack. I still don't know how I survived some of those wipe outs.

I will post more of the Chris Moore Chronicles another day.

-Chris