View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaroo View Post
Nice pics of the southern point, I will have to hit that up. Thanks for the link. I read that a-bay is the best spot for windsurfing on the big island, don't know how they look at kiting or if their are some tight launch spots.
c.moore does your dad rip it up on the water? Maybe we could do some sort of trade and I could kick it on his lawn. I hear oahu is really taxed. You pumped on going back their or what? Well thanks for all your advice. Looks like I will be doing alot of reef exploring
There is a concession at the south end of A. Bay that rents windsurfing gear. North of that is hotel property and somewhat crowded so you'll want to avoid that area. To the south is probably the place to launch. The Kona winds weren't on when we were there. There was some sideshore flow, a bit light but ridable at the low end probably due to thermals. If you need a wind fix, I would jump off island and hit Maui. Just check the winds first.

Hey Chris did you spend anytime growing up on Oahu? I almost went to school out there at UH. I opted instead to go to ... you guessed it, USF!?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi