Thread: Kite Lines
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM

constructive criticism to preserve our sport, i didnt get a hint of any "reaming" steve-o. 99% of people don't even know what kiteboarding is, they might see a quick pic in the newspaper after a cold front, or know of us as "that thing they do at the skyway." I don't have any statistics, but i imagine the injury rate in our sport is probly the same or less than most mainstream sports. However, lack of knowledge leads people to believe the bad stuff, so ONE bad yardsale could really give our sport a black eye. How many times have you been asked on the beach "what happens if that thing keeps pulling you underwater?" or "will it just make you fly away?" And people that think they know something about kiteboarding will always bring up the kitemares we've all heard, and usually with their own "twist." So just keep in mind the effect your actions can have on all of us, and thats not just directed at you, wllix, that's everybody, myself included. Accidents can and will happen, but every precaution should be taken to avoid them, and lack of instruction is a REALLY bad excuse. Just get some lessons, take your time and be careful. Come on out and share the stoke, bro, see ya on the water