View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
The Christmas Winds make for nice conditions in a lot of islands further down the Antilles. They bring some nice consistent winds to BVI to the east unlike the more fitful summer conditions there. I thought Shacks goes off in the winter months, or is that just for waves with poorer wind prospects? I imagine the north coast goes off as you say around San Juan with frontal activity maybe even augmenting things with the orographic winds the NE coast is known for. __________________
It is the RAINY season , and I mean Rainy, Sept to Dec. It will rain many many quick times a day. That will shut down any thermal. Fronts rarely make it down, but when they do it'll shift N or NW momentarily or shut down. Trades are the norm but they can be shut down by any disturbance. In any case it is predominantly NE in winter versus E in summer and SE on the south side of the island because of thermals during summers. Yes, you could goto Shacks for huge waves and wind, nightlife probably won't kill you there. I have found the waves in San Juan to be PLENTY big enough, Thank You very much