View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Skyway Scott

I heard all about that one today

I haven't taken the Glide out of my truck since Al sold me his directional.

Gary, you might want to try a directional and see if you think it's fun.
I simply can't believe how high upwind I can go on mine and in how little wind. I can easily ride it on a 9m in 10 knots.
In 12 knots, I am pretty much powered up, especially on a bigger kite.
You may not like the directional, but you might. Feel free to ask me to try mine.
Donna really liked it, a few others did too, and some people found it lame.

Last night it went from about 10/11 knots straight to about 17/18. I came in from about a 1/4 mile out at Lassing and hit the glass flat water for some speed runs on the directional, unstrapped. That was a first for me (riding a directional litt in butter). MAN, it was a blast. I was doing powered jibes and hauling butt. I reminded me of windsurfing. I know a bunch of guys have been doing this for quite some time now, especially guys into racing, but it was a first for me. All I was thinking is how much fun it would have been to race another guy on a strapless board, being forced to jibe about every 30 seconds. It would have been a battle of the the high speed jibes (if forced to not be allowed to ride toe-side).

I told Tom today I feel sort of stupid for waiting this long to try the directionals out. I have been really enjoying it for the past couple months.

Anyway, many like Dennis, Raul, Al and others have been riding a dirctl for a while now, just saying you might like it.

Many of the boards have unreal low end (the one Al sold me does), that's why I brought it up here.