Thread: anyone see..
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:07 PM

Steve-O has always been a good guy to ride with and every time I've seen him ride he sets a good example using best safety practices and acting as a good role model. At the launch he is always friendly helpful and generous with his time and equipment. Scott does make a good point about controlling and influencing what you can. As our largest local retailer of kiting equipment WSW can influence rider behavior through its policies and sponsorships.If I walked into WSW as a total newbie at what point will they sell me a full quiver of gear kites and boards? If I sit through the very good safety lecture and ground orientation can I then buy a whole Butt load of Cab, Nobile, jimmy Lewis stuff and hit the beach. It is a tough nut for any retailer trying to pay the rent and keep the lights on. It is also hypocritical to point a finger at private individuals who a doing all they can to promote safety and preserve access, when you represent a business that has to choose profits over principals.

On a much more important note I got to ride today near Upham the wind was a bit gusty and the waves were a bit mushy, but all in all a great safe session with good friends.

Bob