Thread: Lost Board
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 AM

My personal opinion is that a product by itself might be great. However, what truly makes a great products is how rates on customer satisfaction.

I agree with Toby. I had an UG and I loved it but if it would have been my board the one the broke instead of Gary's then I would have been pissed up too. That's why those boards cost $700 and not $50.

I was on that day riding with Gary so I know how the board broke. The guarantee should have covered that board.

Imagine buying a car and the next day while driving it breaks. I have worked in Quality Control and in isolated cases some products are manufactured defective. Recent recalls on Sony and Dell are some examples. Responsible companies give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

What most companies do is to inspect the product and then determine the cause of the problem. If they can’t determine the cause of the problem then they replace the product. No question asked. I know you sent pictures but Gary did UG asked for the board to examine it? It should be in the best interest for UG to inspect that board. That decision of not covering the guarantee might at the end be more costly for UG.